Friendship Day 2017
- 1 Friendship Day 2017
- 1.1 History and Origin of Friendship Day 2017
- 1.2 How To Celebrate Friendship Day 2017
- 1.3 Friendship Day 2017 Quotes
- 1.4 Here are the lists of Top 5 Friendship Day quotes you might like
- 1.5 Here are Other Top 5 Friendship Day Quotes
- 1.6 Friendship Day Whatsapp or Facebook Messages| Share with your friends
- 1.7 Friendship Day Video
- 1.8 Friendship Day Countdown
Friendship Day is a day for celebrating for friendship. International Friendship Day is observed on 30 July as declared by the Generally Assembly of the United Nations. However, in some other countries including India celebrates Friendship Day on first Sunday of August. In Oberlin, Ohio, Friendship Day is celebrated on 8 April each year.The first International Friendship Day was proposed for 30 July in 1958, by the World Friendship Crusade
The International Friendship Day is an important opportunity to confront the misunderstandings and distrust that underlie so many of the tensions and conflicts in today’s world. It is a reminder that human solidarity is essential to promoting lasting peace and fostering sustainable development. – UN Secretary-General Ban-Ki Moon, 2013.
You must have celebrated friendship day. But do you know why really is friendship day celebrated and how did it originate?
History and Origin of Friendship Day 2017
Friendship Day was originated by Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark cards in 1930, intended to be 2 August. And a day when people celebrated their friendships by holiday celebrations(Wikipedia). However, It was mainly seen as a commercial purpose. It was seen as an idea to promote the greeting cards and others.
In 1935, the United States Congress proclaimed first Sunday of August as the National Friendship Day. Following the success and popularity of this day in U.S. several other countries including India and other countries. It was not until 1958 when Dr. Ramon Artemio Brach, during a dinner with his friend in Paraguay, proposed for the First International Friendship Day. The date of which was July 30. Since this resulted in the formation of World Crusade, it then successfully convinced UN to recognize July 30 as an International Friendship Day. From then we celebrate July 30 as International Friendship Day.
How To Celebrate Friendship Day 2017
Friendship Day is a perfect day to let your friends know how much value they hold in your life. On this day, friends meet each other and exchange greeting cards, flowers and gifts among themselves. Moreover, you can also plan an event where you have your group of friends and enjoy the most. Whether it be day party or over-night party, all that matters is you are enjoying your time with your friends. However, there are some ideas that might help you to add spice on this special day. The following are some of those examples
The following are some of those examples:
- Invite friends indoor and have a blast. You might include music, some games like truth and dare, dance and so on. You might also want to put the moment into the camera.
- Camping Out can be a chance to make it more lively and in action. You can play some sports like volleyball, football, swimming or whatever suits you.
- Go out for a dinner and have a party. Maybe some booze will lit the party.
- Recall your sweet memories and maybe make an album to make it even fresher. You might want to recall your friends and talk about the memories.
- Go to different events such as concerts, dance and much more.
- Buy Movie Tickets and surprise your friends.
- Go to Archery or some other games and enjoy the day.
Friendship Day 2017 Quotes
Friendship Day Quotes can be useful to make your friends feel special. This can be recited when you invite them indoor or whenever you meet them. Since you have visited our page, you might as well take some friendship quotes with you.
Here are the lists of Top 5 Friendship Day quotes you might like
- “She is a friend of mind. She gathers me, man. The pieces I am, she gathers them and gives them back to me in all the right order. It’s good, you know when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.” — Toni Morrison
- “Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
- “My friends have made the story of my life. In a thousand ways they have turned my limitations into beautiful privileges.” — Helen Keller
- “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”– Elisabeth Foley
- “There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.”
– Diana Cortes
Here are Other Top 5 Friendship Day Quotes
- “There’s no way for them to take away my sadness, but they can make sure I am not empty of all the other feelings.” — David Levithan
- “Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.” -Albert Camus
- “Each friend represents the world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”- Anais Nin
- “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.” – Len Wein
- “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.”-Bible
Top 10 Friendship Day Wishes
- Good times and crazy friends make beautiful memories.
- True Friends are those rare people,
Who come to find you in Dark Places,
And lead you back to the light.
- A faithful friend is like a night lamp which gives light at night when there is no sun. We cannot tell which is important.
- The night is lucky because the moon is hers.
The sky is lucky because it has stars.
Rose is lucky because she is red.
I am lucky because you are my good friend.
- Your friendship has become my habit. Even if you take out h, ‘a bit’ remains. Take out a, still, ‘bit’ remains. Finally take out b, and still, it remains
- At any time in the life, if you every get doubt about our friendship take a coin and toss is. If it is head I am your best friend.
- Friendship means to feel someone in every heartbeat to find someone in every thought to see someone with closed.
- If You Are Angry with ur Loveable Friend Just to Put aside you Egos.
Just Hug Each Other nd Say:
I Need You, Idiot, at least to Fight With Me
- Friendship is like a book, it takes only a few seconds to burn. But it takes years to print so print it very carefully and never let it burn.
- I want you to always have in mind that you can count on me for anything and at any time, you are like a brother to me and I will always be there for whatever you need
Friendship Day Video
Video for Kid for Friendship Day
Best Friendship Day Video
Friendship Day Quote Video
Friendship Day Countdown
International Friendship Day